Family, Friends and Community Members – Please read below for updates on our evolving response, or click these links for the specific topic you’re interested in:
Serial Testing at Ocean View
Deliveries of Items to Residents
Designated Caregiver Visits
Offsite Visits to the Family Home
Reopening of Central Office
Are you seeking our recent Stakeholder Communication regarding the rollout of COVID-19 Vaccine at our facility? If so, please find the most recent Stakeholder Communication here:
Stakeholder Communication #4
In early March 2020, we received confirmation of the first presumptive case of COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) in Nova Scotia. In response to this development and to ensure the safety of our clients, staff and community, our Pandemic Outbreak Management Team made the decision to:
• Close our facility to all visitors until further notice, as per provincial directives. As things have evolved, we have posted information here regarding Indoor Visits, Designated Caregiver Visits, etc. Please see the list of big blue buttons to the top/left (depending on your browser) for up-to-date information on these options.
We have also put a process in place to allow you to visit your loved one in special compassionate circumstances (ex. should a resident be palliative during this time). You can contact us to discuss this in more detail:
Contact the Registered Nurse Building Designate 902-471-3063 or Neighbourhood Manager via 902-465-6020
• Close the Adult Day Program at Ocean View until further notice.
• Cancel all large gatherings/activities that do not adhere to current Public Health guidelines, including those involving those coming from outside the facility.
• Reduce hours of the Oceanside Café at Ocean View.
• Cancel all upcoming events of our Baker Drive Community Hub.
During this challenging time, we know you are concerned for your loved ones here at Ocean View. We know it’s difficult to be unable to visit as often as usual to see all of the measures we have put in place to keep them safe.
We want you to know that our response at Ocean View is constantly evolving based on all emerging advice, and that we have implemented many practices, including:
• We have enhanced our cleaning and infection control practices, including more frequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces.
• Staff are being screened daily when they arrive for symptoms related to COVID-19. If they are traveling through public spaces on the way to work, staff are changing out of their “street clothes” and into their work attire and shoes upon entry.
• Staff are wearing masks in our facility throughout their shift.
• We are taking resident temperatures daily, assessing for symptoms, and testing residents with new symptoms for COVID-19.
• We have implemented physical distancing wherever possible.
• We continue to order and receive supplies from traditional and creative sources, including PPE (masks, gloves, etc.), to make sure our staff and residents have what they need.
• We are drawing on our robust pandemic plan and our internal pandemic supplementary document; information from Public Health; and advice from Nova Scotia’s Chief Medical Officer as we react to the unfolding situation.
• We are continuing to support our staff with the information, education, and supplies needed to help prevent spread of COVID-19, including infection control practices.
Rest assured, we will continue to implement all relevant practices advised by Public Health to ensure the safety of our residents.
We truly appreciate your patience and understanding as we all work to lessen the risks and impacts of this pandemic on our clients, staff and community. The situation is rapidly evolving and we will update you as the situation evolves.
How you can help:
• Keep up to date on emerging Public Health guidelines and advice, as well as our facility specific practices.
• If you have symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, etc.) visit https://811.novascotia.ca/health_topics/covid-19-when-to-call-811/ or call 811 directly for advice on how to keep yourself and others safe.
• Prevent spread of COVID-19 in the community at large by washing hands frequently; avoiding touching your face; coughing/sneezing into your elbow or a tissue; and following all other advice shared by Public Health.
• If your contact information has changed, please ensure we have the up to date information by calling our reception team at Ocean View (902-465-6020 ext. 0)
We know our residents miss you. Here is the best way for you to
• We have devices available for residents to connect with you through Skype, Facetime, and Facebook Messenger. Reach out to our Recreation team (ext. 2150) or firstname.lastname@example.org so we can facilitate a time for you to chat with your loved one.
• Many family members have been sending photos, videos, and notes to email@example.com to be shared with their loved one – please keep it up! They put a smile on the faces of our residents as well as the staff who get to pass them along!
• We now have a phone in our Sun Lounge: this will allow you to visit our back parking lot, call a resident from your cell phone, and see them in person through the glass while you chat! We encourage you to contact our Recreation team (ext. 2150) to set up a time for a “Window Visit”.
Please note: “visiting” with a resident through an open window is still not permitted at this time, as an added safety precaution.
• You can also take advantage of the variety of current visitation options. See the buttons on the top/left (depending on your browser) of this page and click through to those pages for more details!
We know you have questions. Here are the best ways to reach us:
• Continue to visit our website at www.oceanv.ca/our-response-covid-19/ for all updates related to our pandemic response.
• At any time, you can also call 902-404-1700 to hear highlights of the recent updates related to COVID-19 at Ocean View!
• You may also reach out to us at any time with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Like and follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/oceanvcommunity
for frequent updates and video messages directly from our President & CEO, Dion Mouland.
• If you have specific questions about any of the topics listed to the right of your screen (deliveries of items for residents, visitation, etc.) please click the appropriate button on the top/left (depending on your browser) to find out more details on how to get in touch with the right member of our team!
• If you have a specific questions about a resident’s care, you can also continue to call us. We suggest calling in the morning.
Reach us by phone by calling 902-465-6020 and choosing option “4” for Long Term Care. You can then choose the option for your loved one’s neighbourhood (Seaside – 4 / Bayside – 5 / Shoreside – 6 / Harbourside – 7 /
Islandview – 8 / Skyview – 9)
Still have questions/concerns about COVID-19? There has been plenty of false information being shared. For further reliable information on COVID-19 visit www.novascotia.ca/coronavirus
Past Updates that May be of Interest:
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we committed to keeping you informed, so on April 6, 2020 we shared with you that we had received confirmation of one resident case of COVID-19 in our facility.
In response to this development, we implemented our Outbreak Plan immediately, including our Outbreak Unit. The Outbreak Unit (OU) cohorted the resident with COVID-19 on our Harbourside West Wing, creating a safe space to care for the resident while they were ill; and reducing the risk of spread of the virus throughout the facility.
During that time, we also worked with Public Health officials to determine if any resident or staff were in close contact with the positive individual. We took full precautionary measures as directed by Public Health and worked with the Department of Health & Wellness and Nova Scotia Health Authority to ensure the safety of all.
We were happy to report that the resident who tested positive for COVID-19 at our facility recovered in April 2020 and eventually moved out of our Outbreak Unit. As you can see in this video, we were all very proud and excited for him:
Following his recovery, we were thrilled to share that the outbreak of COVID-19 at Ocean View was officially declared over by Public Health in May 2020! We are so proud of our staff team for working hard to ensure that the one case of COVID-19 did not spread any further within the facility, and to steward the ill resident back to health!
• On April 14, 2020, The Board Chairs of Ocean View and The Birches released a heartfelt message of appreciation for our staff during this challenging time:
• On April 2, 2020, our Medical Director, Dr. Nowlan, shared this letter regarding our response to COVID-19 and our plans for an Outbreak Unit at Ocean View:
On March 28, 2020, we shared these two documents with you on behalf of Susan Stevens, Senior Director, Continuing Care, NSHA; and Paula Langille, Director, Liaison & Service Support, DHW. These include information regarding the closure of long term care facilities across the province to visitors during this time.