Updated on Nov. 12, 2020
As cases of COVID-19 grow within Nova Scotia, we will be moving back to quarantining items that are delivered for residents, as of Tuesday, Nov. 17th.
– As the holiday season draws closer, families who would like to ensure a present is received by a resident by Dec. 25th should plan ahead and arrange to drop-off the gift by Dec. 18th via the directions below. Keep in mind that any gifts may need to be cleaned/laundered.
– At this time, residents will receive delivered items at least 48 hours after they’re delivered. Please keep in mind that weekends may delay the delivery to the resident if the item is delivered later in the week, as we don’t have reception support on weekends.
– Designated Caregivers and Indoor Visitors will no longer be able to bring items with them for the resident when they enter the facility.
– Perishable items can no longer be delivered for residents (items requiring refrigeration; treats; homemade baked goods; fresh fruit and vegetables, etc.).
– To drop-off an item for a resident at this time, call reception in advance at 902-465-6020 ext. 0. Bring non-perishable items at the agreed upon time to our front entrance in a clear bag, labelled with the resident’s name (see below for example)! These deliveries will be made through our front entrance (road-side), Monday – Friday, 9 am – 12 pm (excluding holidays). You must call reception in advance at 902-465-6020 ext. 0 to schedule your drop-off!
We are grateful that we had the period of time when we were comfortable accepting deliveries without quarantine – as we are sure you are as well – but at this time we believe it’s not safe to continue in this way.
We hope that things will change in the community, and we will feel comfortable allowing deliveries without quarantine again soon. Thank you for your patience and understanding.