To Provide Comfort, Care, and Compassion for those we Serve.
Philosophy of Care
We believe in client centered care.
We recognize each client as an individual with a unique life story.
We strive to honor life-long personal routines through an individualized plan of care.
We treat clients with respect, caring and empathy.
We provide meaningful activities in a therapeutic, supportive, home-like environment.
We are committed to maximizing client’s abilities through establishing relationships with clients and families, encouraging independence and allowing personal choices.
We value and respect each other.
To be the Community of Choice for Nova Scotian’s Needing Support in a Place They Call Home.
Our Values (I-CARE)
- Think outside the box
- Be productive and competitive
- Be focused on quality and excellent customer service
- Work with others in ways that promote the sector and issues facing the clients and families we serve
- Support the team to strive for excellence
- Respect the role of clients and families in directing their care
- Provide ethical supports
- Assure full disclosure and communication with clients and families
- Assure non discriminatory practices in all we do
- Speak with kindness and courteously to others in our daily interactions
Code of Conduct
Behaviour that compromises safety and is disruptive is prohibited and will not be tolerated. This includes but is not limited to:
- Aggressive behaviour both verbal and physical
- Shouting at staff or clients
- Obscene or abusive language to clients or staff
- Interfering with client care routines, other neighbourhood activities and staff’s ability to do their job
- Smoking, drinking alcohol, or use of any illegal substance on OVCCC property
- Engaging in unlawful sexual conduct, such as public indecency or offensive touching
- Destroying, damaging, or defacing OVCCC property
- Committing or attempting to commit any activity that would constitute a violation of any federal, provincial or local laws.
- Stealing, theft of OVCCC property
- Failure to follow rules and policies of OVCCC
We reserve the right to issue an ”Exclusion Order” against any family/friends who fail to abide by this code. The police will always be notified of suspected criminal behaviour.
Ocean View – Transparency and Good Governance
2016 Public Salary Disclosure
Compensation Disclosure 2016
Click below to read about all we’ve accomplished in 2017-18 in our Annual Report:
Annual Report 201718