Code of Conduct
Behaviour that compromises safety and is disruptive is prohibited and will not be tolerated. This includes but is not limited to:
- Aggressive behaviour both verbal and physical
- Shouting at staff or residents
- Obscene or abusive language to residents or staff
- Interfering with resident care routines, other neighbourhood activities and staff’s ability to do their job
- Smoking, drinking alcohol, or use of any illegal substance on OVCCC property
- Engaging in unlawful sexual conduct, such as public indecency or offensive touching
- Destroying, damaging, or defacing OVCCC property
- Committing or attempting to commit any activity that would constitute a violation of any federal, provincial or local laws.
- Stealing, theft of OVCCC property
- Failure to follow rules and policies of OVCCC
We reserve the right to issue an ”Exclusion Order” against any family/friends who fail to abide by this code. The police will always be notified of suspected criminal behaviour.
Ocean View – Transparency and Good Governance
2016 Public Salary Disclosure
Compensation Disclosure 2016.pdf
To Provide Comfort, Care, and Compassion for those we Serve.
Philosophy of Care
We believe in resident centreed care.
We recognize each resident as an individual with a unique life story.
We strive to honor life-long personal routines through an individualized plan of care.
We treat residents with respect, caring and empathy.
We provide meaningful activities in a therapeutic, supportive, home-like environment.
We are committed to maximizing resident’s abilities through establishing relationships with residents and families, encouraging independence and allowing personal choices.
We value and respect each other.
To be the Community of Choice for Nova Scotian’s Needing Support in a Place They Call Home.
Our Values (I-CARE)
- Think outside the box
- Be productive and competitive
- Be focused on quality and excellent customer service
- Work with others in ways that promote the sector and issues facing the residents and families we serve
- Support the team to strive for excellence
- Respect the role of residents and families in directing their care
- Provide ethical supports
- Assure full disclosure and communication with residents and families
- Assure non discriminatory practices in all we do
- Speak with kindness and courteously to others in our daily interactions