*Regardless of permitted visitation, folks from areas that are identified outbreak / high risk zones are asked not to enter our facility in any capacity at this time. If you have travelled to an identified outbreak / high risk zone, you are asked to please wait 14 days upon your return before entering our facility.
*You may not enter our facility when you are required to self-isolate.
Update: July 7, 2021
We continue to follow provincial and facility restrictions regarding visits at this time, however we are thrilled to be able to accommodate and welcome visits at this time.
How to book an Visit at Ocean View:
– Call 902-465-6020 ext. 2176 on Mondays or Tuesdays, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm to book your visit. Please note: If you leave a voicemail, your appointment is not confirmed until you receive a callback to confirm.
– Let us know the names and contact information of those who will be visiting.
– Answer any pre-screening questions regarding potential COVID-19 symptoms and exposures.
What your Visit will look like:
During your visit, all visitors must follow the practices below:
– Arrive at the scheduled time and follow all communicated/posted practices.
– Wear a mask throughout the visit.
– Answer our screening questions truthfully and have your temperature taken.
– Review provided information on hand hygiene and perform hand hygiene (hand sanitizer) at the beginning and end of the visit.
– Practice respiratory etiquette (i.e. cough/sneeze into elbow, etc.).
– Make sure you bring along your sunscreen, hat, jacket, etc. to ensure you have a comfortable visit if outdoors!
– Please keep in mind that your visit may end early if your loved one is uncomfortable.
– As per direction from the provincial government, visits may look slightly different for residents who have not been fully vaccinated. Please follow all communicated practices, depending on the type of visit and vaccination status of the resident.
Some things to note:
– Visits may be cancelled due to inclement weather.
– Visits may be cancelled if our facility experiences an outbreak of illness.
– Visits must be cancelled if the visitor or resident are exhibiting symptoms of illness; have suspected exposure to COVID-19; or are required to self-isolate.
Please help keep your loved one safe. If you are unwell, we ask that you stay home and alert us at 902-465-6020 ext. 2176. We will gladly reschedule.
If you become ill in the two (2) weeks following your visit, you must arrange for COVID-19 screening and testing. Should you test positive for COVID-19, you must inform Public Health that you have visited our facility.
We will also continue to offer skype/facetime/zoom visits, to help you connect – please contact ext. 2150 to schedule one of these!
Update: April 22, 2021
We are CLOSED to Indoor Visits at this time.
Update: March 22, 2021
As you may have heard late last week, the province will now allow Indoor Visits to resume in long term care!!
What do you need to know about indoor visits?
• To book your Indoor Visit, please call 902-465-6020 ext. 2176 on Mondays or Tuesdays, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm. If you leave a voicemail, note that the appointment is not confirmed until you receive a callback.
• Visits must happen in a designated area. As per the provincial guidelines, staff will accompany visitors from the entry to the designated area when you arrive.
• You will have to let us know the names and contact information of the person who will be visiting when calling to book. Visitors must answer our pre-screening questions truthfully regarding potential COVID-19 symptoms and exposures.
• Visitors must review provided information on hand hygiene and perform hand hygiene (hand sanitizer) at the beginning and end of the visit.
• You will now be required to wear a mask (non-medical or medical) to enter our doors. Once inside the facility, you will: Perform hand hygiene (use hand sanitizer); Remove your personal mask and properly store or dispose of it; Perform hand hygiene again; Put on one of the medical masks supplied by us, as usual!
• The Indoor Visitor must wear a mask; and perform hand hygiene throughout the visit.
• Visitors must respect physical distancing (2 metres / 6 feet). However, during an Indoor Visit, you will be able to give a quick HUG or a pat on the back to the resident, if both parties are wearing a mask!
• Visitors must practice respiratory etiquette (i.e. cough/sneeze into elbow, etc.)
• All indoor visitors must remain aware of the possible impacts of COVID-19 in long term care, and the importance of following all safety practices to prevent unknowing transmission of COVID-19 to our vulnerable senior population. Please help keep your loved one safe. If you are unwell, we ask that you stay home and alert us at 902-465-6020 ext. 2176. We will gladly reschedule.
• Visitors have a responsibility to stay informed of current public infection prevention guidelines as published by Public Health, and to ensure they take all precautions to prevent spread of COVID-19.
• Visits may be cancelled if our facility experiences an outbreak of illness. Visits must be cancelled if the visitor or resident are exhibiting symptoms of illness; have suspected exposure to COVID-19; or are required to self-isolate.
• If you become ill in the two (2) weeks following your visit, you must contact 811 for screening and testing. Should you test positive for COVID-19, you must inform Public Health that you have visited our facility.
Thank you so much for your continued support and commitment to following these new and evolving practices!
The practices and restrictions outlined above are based on our understanding of epidemiology, Public Health guidance, and direction from the Department of Health & Wellness and Chief Medical Officer. They are intended to protect those we serve. Those in long term care are particularly vulnerable to COVID-19, and we will continue to make decisions based on the difficult balance between risk and quality of life. We thank you for your patience and support.