Dear Residents, Families and Staff: As you likely know, there is an upcoming Municipal Election!
Here at Ocean View, it’s important to us to support our residents’ right to vote! Did you know? Election laws guide us that all citizens, regardless of cognitive abilities, have the right to vote!
As we approach the election, we will be supporting residents to vote in the following ways:
• Our amazing Recreation team will help those residents who would like to vote via telephone and electronic voting to do so between Oct. 6 – 14 on our ipads.
• On October 17th, the Elections Office will set up a polling station for our residents only in the Board Room. We will have a number of infection prevention measures in place for those who want to vote in person at the polling station on the 17th. This includes creating the following schedule for voting:
– Voters who live on Seaside & Bayside neighbourhoods will be invited to visit the Polling Station from 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm
– Voters who live on Shoreside & Harbourside neighbourhoods will be invited to visit the Polling Station from 2:45 pm – 3:45 pm
– Voters who live on Skyview & Islandview neighbourhoods will be invited to visit the Polling Station from 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
All staff and Designated Caregivers are asked to keep the Election in mind on the 17th and support residents to be ready to go vote during the scheduled timeframe for their neighbourhood!
We will also have additional staff in the building that day to help those residents who would like to vote to get to the polling station.
If you have questions about how we’re supporting residents to vote in the Municipal Election at Ocean View, please feel free to call 902-465-6020 ext. 2305