At this time our Harbourside and Islandview neighbourhoods have positive cases of COVID-19. This means:
- These neighbourhoods are closed to general visitors and pets, but open to Designated Caregivers (DCGs), one at a time.
- While on these neighbourhoods, staff and DCGs must wear UPPE (face shields and masks).
- Further PPE may be required for entering the rooms of some residents on these neighbourhoods.
- Residents on Harbourside and Islandview are to remain on the unit unless going offsite.
- We will provide continued updates as they are available.
Although life is returning to a new normal in the community and most restrictions are lifted, COVID-19 cases in the community continue to be quite high. Cases of COVID-19 and other illness that make their way into long term care will continue to require outbreak-related precautions and restrictions, as they always have. We know ongoing outbreaks are challenging and concerning for all, so we encourage folks who visit and work in our facility to continue taking precautions to prevent bringing COVID-19 and other illness into our facility.
*General visitors are permitted on all other neighbourhoods at this time, but please note that due to space restrictions within the facility and the continuing requirement of physical distancing in long term care, Ocean View continues to have a limit of 3 visitors at a time per resident (including Designated Caregivers). Additional PPE may be required on other neighbourhoods, please consult with Reception upon arrival. After hours and on weekends please review posted signage and check with staff on unit.