Festive Season Silent Auction in support of Ocean View
For more than 50 years, Ocean View has enjoyed a sense of togetherness with our local community. We know that the local seniors we serve in both our long term care home and in the community are relying on us all – staff, volunteers, and community – to join together to help them as they age, and we especially feel this in our hearts at this generous and festive time of year!
We have been lucky to receive the support of many amazing donors in our local community as we enter this holiday season, as you will see as you look through this silent auction! By donating these amazing items, they are lending their support to those we serve. We are so thankful for their generosity, and for the opportunity to celebrate the many exciting businesses, small and large, in our local community!
Now it’s your opportunity to give the gift of your support to those we serve, and perhaps score an amazing holiday gift for someone you love. We invite you to bid on any of these wonderful items, and to feel good doing so! Your support will help us check things off of Ocean View’s wish list for those we serve, including things like new mattresses to help our residents have a more restful sleep; overbed tables to facilitate a more comfortable meal time; and much-needed items to assist with our physiotherapy support for seniors. Your support will make such a difference to those we serve as we ring in 2019!
Bidding will open on Nov. 19th at 5:00 pm and close on Dec. 5th at 5:00 pm
– Bidding will open at 4 pm on Nov. 21, 2018 and close at 5 pm on Dec. 5, 2018
– Minimum bids and minimum bid increments are noted on each item. These must be followed when bidding. For example, if the minimum bid on an item is $20, an opening bid of $10 would not be accepted. For all subsequent bids, if the minimum bid increment is $5, you must bid at least $5 more than the highest bid listed on that item.
– In the case of two bids of the same value being posted, the bid with an earlier posting time will be considered the valid bid.
– The highest bid which follows all stated rules on each item as of 5 pm on Dec. 5, 2018 will be considered the winning bid.
– We can only accept cash as payment for these items.
– All winning bidders will be named in the comment section on the item, and notified by personal message via Facebook if possible. If your Facebook account does not allow us to message you privately, the comment will serve as the only notification that you’ve won and your items will be held for you as detailed below:
– All items must be picked up in person at Ocean View (1909 Caldwell Rd, Eastern Passage, NS) between* December 6th and 20th, Monday to Friday, 9 am – 5 pm*. We may be able to make special arrangements for an item to be picked up at an alternative time with advance notice – please contact email@example.com to inquire. Items left unclaimed by Dec. 20th, without prior arrangement, will be considered forfeited by the winning bidder and may be used for another purpose at Ocean View’s discretion.
– All sales are final and all items are “as is”. The bidder is responsible for reading any stated stipulations. Ocean View provides no guarantees, warranties or servicing related to the auction items. If you have questions about an item, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before bidding!
– The auction item value listed is an estimate of fair market value.
– Ocean View reserves the right to add or withdraw items from the auction.
– Tax receipts can not be issued for the amount paid by the winning bidder. If you would like to make a tax deductible donation to Ocean View please visit www.oceanv.ca/donations
By bidding on any item in this silent auction, you agree to follow these rules.