Title: Public Relations Student
Responsible To: Director of Community Relations
Under the guidance of the Director of Community Relations, provide and/or assist with internal
and external communications, support foundation fun development activities, and administrative
Risk & Safety:
• In working together, we will practice and promote a culture of safety; while providing comfort,
care and compassion for residents and families of Ocean View
• Ensures to “take every reasonable precaution in the circumstances to protect the employee’s
own health and safety and that of other persons at or near the workplace” ~ NS OHS Act
• Maintains and promotes health and safety standards and procedures according to Ocean View
guidelines and resident care standards to a level consistent with recognized provincial
standards including ethical guidelines.
• Ensures compliance of all applicable regulatory laws, by-laws, codes, standards, guidelines
• Promotes a safe and healthy workplace for staff and volunteers
• Promotes a safe and healthy environment for residents and their families
• Participates, when required in initiatives that minimize risk and promote safety
• Ensures that risks are minimized and proactively addressed for the interest of the Ocean View
Ethics & Values:
• Maintains ethical standards in the scope of job responsibility
• Champions the values established by the Society in day to day operations
• Champions the mission, vision and strategic directions established by the Ocean View
Continuing Care Centre
• Demonstrate commitment to quality and promote a quality culture.
• Day-to-day implementation of the quality care & services.
• Continually look for ways to improve quality of care or service.
• Work as part of teams/committees to manage quality
Term: mid- May to August 31, 2022. Hourly wage: $15.50. Hours: 35 per week.
Location: Eastern Passage
Please address cover letter to:
Ocean View Continuing Care Centre
P.O. Box 130
Eastern Passage, NS, B3G 1M4